Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nice Review of Monetary Policy

I liked this review of monetary policy. Although I do not necessarily agree with the following:

Some Republicans want to eliminate the Fed’s dual mandate, so that it can only focus on inflation, not employment; I think that’s a horrible idea, and potentially terrible politics at a time of 9% unemployment. But it’s the kind of idea that belongs in the political arena.
I don't think changing the mandate to focus solely on inflation targeting would necessarily change the Fed's behavior. Under an inflation target the Fed will keep interest rates low to maintain a set inflation rate. Right now we are at that inflation rate.

1 comment:

  1. We got to keep our self updated with all these financial happening, as working with been certain over things can be really hard to manage. I always keep myself updated with everything which is ever easy with broker like OctaFX, as they are all very special with having daily market news and analysis updates, it’s ever easier to follow yet highly effective while is free, so that’s why I like it so much enjoy working with them and it makes me relaxed too.

    ReplyDelete